Residential (Remodel/Alteration)

Remodel/alteration construction to an existing home requires a residential building permit. Remodel/alteration includes work such as removal of interior walls, kitchen or bathroom renovations, and any other work that does not increase the floor area (square footage) of the existing home.

Remodel/alteration construction must comply with the minimum structure size, setbacks, exterior materials and design requirements, landscaping, and other standards of the Zoning Ordinance. Please check with Development Services staff to determine applicable standards and requirements.

Submittal Requirements: (See residential building permit application for details)

Submittal Method: Residential building permit application and payment must be submitted in person by contractor.

Additional Information/Resources: